With all of the Etsy modifications these days, many Etsy sellers are in search of different locations to promote than Etsy. This listing is all of the totally different locations I’ve discovered for handmade, provides, classic or digital sellers!
This submit incorporates affiliate hyperlinks. If you are going to buy something, I earn a small fee at no additional cost to you. Thanks on your help!
A particular because of Comparable Net for serving to the with the search quantity stats on this submit!
- 1 Why Would You Keep With Etsy?
- 2 Why Would You Depart Etsy?
- 3 Why Not Do Etsy And…
- 4 Stand Alone Ecommerce Websites
- 5 Common Ecommerce Websites
- 6 Handmade
- 7 Wholesale
- 8 Classic Solely Web sites
- 9 Clothes & Equipment
- 10 Various Promoting Venues
- 11 Different Websites Like Etsy Wrapup
Why Would You Keep With Etsy?
Okay, earlier than we get too far down a rabbit gap of glumness, why do you have to climate all of the modifications Etsy has been making (web optimization, funds, free delivery…yikes). Properly, corporations which are planning on rising and being profitable aren’t making modifications.
A few of these modifications could also be indications that Etsy is “rising up” and turning into extra secure and worthwhile.
I KNOW, that make it really feel like a cool membership you have been in goes away, however don’t throw out the child within the bathwater… when you have been doing nicely on Etsy then don’t get sucked into listening to all of the naysayers on the boards and Fb saying the sky is falling. Simply put your head down and begin working in your retailer!
Additionally, I promote on each Etsy and Ebay and the margins are a lot better on Etsy. Etsy’s charges are decrease so that you make more cash.
Why Would You Depart Etsy?
Okay, that’s the good, now why would you allow Etsy? In case your gross sales efforts will not be leading to a revenue, it is best to depart Etsy. Critically.
We’re small enterprise house owners and in case you are not capable of get a enterprise mannequin that works for you due to the competitors’s pricing, or having to do free delivery to get gross sales or as a result of your nook of Etsy is flooded, then perhaps think about quitting outright.
I do know, it sucks to give up one thing that you’ve put a lot time and power into, however typically we simply have to chop our losses!
Why Not Do Etsy And…
Final however not least, why not contemplate doing Etsy and elsewhere? As I stated, I promote on Etsy and Ebay. You’d be stunned what number of occasions I’ve haven’t any gross sales on Etsy however some on Ebay or the opposite means round.
Not having all of your eggs in a single basket means that you’re higher ready in case your gross sales are sluggish, you lose your retailer or if a website closes down.
Etsy doesn’t require exclusivity so you’re free to promote your merchandise anyplace else you need!
Stand Alone Ecommerce Websites
Standalone web sites are the place you personal the whole website and have full management of every part!
Shopify is the business commonplace proper now for standalone ecommerce shops. Their pricing is truthful and they’re fairly straightforward to make use of!
- Execs – As a result of so many sellers use Shopify there are plugins and addons to do virtually something you need. The setup is comparatively tech pleasant and most Etsy sellers might in all probability work out the best way to get a retailer arrange by themselves. There isn’t a competitors on the shop as a result of every part is yours! You continue to need to pay for Shopify (about $24) and for bank card processing.
- Cons – One massive con for any stand alone website is that you need to generate all of the visitors your self. For those who don’t like advertising and search engine optimisation on Etsy, simply know it’s 100 occasions more durable to get individuals on the web to note you than it’s to get Etsy sellers to note you.
Take a look at Shopify
Chances are you’ll not know this however WordPress has a variety of plugins and addons that may help you arrange a “retailer” proper by way of an internet site/weblog.
- Execs – Once more, there isn’t a competitors in your web site. Moreover, there are actually a whole lot of the way to perform a retailer from plugins to buying carts to linking to a different offsite retailer.
- Cons – Establishing a retailer on WordPress is more durable than on Shopify by fairly a magnitude. You’ll have to have internet hosting on your website and in addition pay for some type of purchasing cart or cost processor. Your final prices may or won’t be decrease than on Etsy. This might in all probability be the very last thing I might advocate as an choice until you’re very techy AND like advertising.
You’ll need some type of cost processor to do your gross sales. It may be so simple as a Paypal button or as grand as an entire WooCommerce retailer.
If you’ll go the WordPress route I like to recommend signing up for Renae Christine’s coaching, Final Architect. (not an affiliate hyperlink, I identical to her!)
Smaller Stand Alones
- Shopier (in Turkey) – one of many gals in my Etsy Fb group sells from Turkey and she or he stated they’ve a smaller native website referred to as Shopier. In case you are outdoors of the US it is perhaps value it to verify into native choices.
- Indie Made – Fascinating… type of like a Shopify for handmade sellers.
Common Ecommerce Websites
There are a gagillion ecommerce websites different there the place you possibly can listing your merchandise on the market! Listed here are some major ones….
Ebay accepts virtually something on the market together with handmade, provides, and classic (not digital merchandise).
- Execs – I like Ebay nicely sufficient. The costs you’ll be able to cost are decrease than on Etsy however there are far more consumers there. Additionally, they’ve a very good search perform that permits consumers to save lots of searches and be emailed once you listing one thing they need.
- Cons – Consumers expect decrease costs. Additionally charges are larger than on Etsy, particularly when you’ve got a retailer. There’s extra “haggling” over worth and I discover extra customer support wanted.
Take a look at Ebay
For the overall Amazon market, you’re looking at promoting books (in fact), provides and primarily new previous inventory in case you are coming from Etsy.
- Execs – Amazon is tremendous aggressive on worth. That stated, they’re the 14th ranked web site on the earth and have 2.four Billion searches.
- Cons – When you assume competitors on Etsy is tough, promoting on Amazon goes to be an entire new world. Most of the sellers are skilled and spend most of their time doing pc work to get their gadgets seen.
Take a look at Amazon
Bonanza is website that takes the whole lot like Ebay does, in reality you’ll be able to arrange your eBay retailer to “feed” into Bonanza for a bonus gross sales website.
- Execs – It does seem to take handmade, classic and provides. It could possibly be straightforward in case you hook up your Ebay retailer.
- Cons – Their variety of guests is tiny, 6.44 Million visits in comparison with 1.9 Billion for Ebay and 190 Million for Etsy. The linking function doesn’t all the time work proper in line with a gal I take heed to on the Scavenger Life Podcast.
Take a look at Bonanza
Further Ecommerce Websites
- Mercari – Seems to be like you possibly can promote something there together with handmade, classic and provides. They invoice themselves as as much as 70% off retail. 46 million visits a month.
- Zibbet – Promote handmade, classic and crafts. 332,000 visits (tremendous tiny)
- 1stDibs – Vintage and Trendy Furnishings, Jewellery, Trend & Artwork. Appears to be tremendous excessive finish! three million views
- Ecrater – Could make your personal on-line retailer and import your Ebay listings. Appears similar to Bonanza 1.96 million views
- Ebid – No itemizing charges, no last worth charges. 474,000 views
- Aftcra – Solely US based mostly handmade sellers. (not sufficient visitors to register… that isn’t good)
- Artfire – “Hundreds of thousands of handmade and craft gadgets from indie suppliers and makers.” 634,000 visits
- Amazon Handmade – Properly, it’s Amazon so a lot of consumers.
- Folksy – British handmade web site.
- Gypsy Spoonful – Handmade sellers. (not sufficient visitors to register… that isn’t good)
- icraftgifts – Handmade sellers. (not sufficient visitors to register… that isn’t good)
- Numonday – UK handmade. (not sufficient visitors to register… that isn’t good)
- Faire – Seems to be for handmade sellers solely. You’re promoting merchandise under retail value. 183,000 visits (tremendous tiny visitors however might have multiples gross sales)
Classic Solely Web sites
I’m not as accustomed to these websites so simply itemizing information that may give you an concept of their quantity and “guidelines”.
- Chairish – “Chairish is the main on-line market for design lovers to purchase and promote stylish classic decor, furnishings and artwork.” 1.31 Million views
- Prairie Grit – Antiques, Collectibles, Arts & Crafts (not sufficient visitors to register… that isn’t good)
- Condo Remedy – Residence decor market, seems to be to be primarily classic.
- Ruby Lane – Antiques, collectibles, artwork, jewellery, style. 1.28 Million Views
Clothes & Equipment
- Poshmark – app based mostly market
- Depop – app based mostly market
Various Promoting Venues
Okay, these aren’t “precise” venues to promote, however some sellers are doing nice utilizing these methods!
- Personal Fb Teams
- Fb Reside Auctions
- Fb Market
- Instagram utilizing PayPal invoices
- Craigslist – must be extra native promoting and pickup
Different Websites Like Etsy Wrapup
Wow, that may be a LOT of different websites which might be like Etsy the place you possibly can promote. I’m positive it’s a little overwhelming, so listed here are some ideas and concepts!
Decide one which appears to match what you’re promoting. In case you are a home made artist, perhaps Ebay isn’t the perfect place for you regardless that they’ve numerous visitors!
Match your “techy-ness” to the venue. There are some concepts in your personal website that appear tremendous easy, that stated, I’ve talked to numerous Etsy sellers who actually simply need to promote their merchandise and be completed with it. For those who aren’t itching to be an internet site designer, I might recommend going with a prepared made market!
Examine and see what number of hits they get. A few of the websites get so few hits that there can’t be that a lot promoting happening!
Don’t do ALL THE STUFF. I’ve labored with you gals lengthy sufficient to know that when you decide a website you will work like busy bees to maneuver all the things over, unexpectedly on someday, copying and pasting till your fingers bleed. How bout we don’t do this this time? How bout you decide a venue, then transfer over your prime 25 gadgets based mostly on views/gross sales in Etsy and see in case you make some gross sales. This might prevent a bunch of time when you discover out the brand new website shouldn’t be a very good match in your merchandise!
(Visited 468 occasions, 2 visits at this time)